Smartlipo™ Laser Lipolysis LaserBodySculpting provide aesthetic surgeons with a less invasive technique than conventional liposuction methods for fat reduction and body toning. As the industry's only laser lipolysis system designed to destroy fat cells and coagulate tissue for tighter skin, Smartlipo is ideal for treating localized fat deposits on the face and body.
In addition, Smartlipo laser lipolysis systems can easily treat challenging areas—such as regions of high vascularity and flaccidity.
How Smartlipo Works
The Smartlipo laser-assisted lipolysis system is a highly efficacious solution for destroying and permanently eliminating fat cells:
- A 1064-nm Nd:YAG laser fiber is introduced through a small cannula, delivering energy directly to subcutaneous fat cells-causing them to rupture. The emitted fat melting energy also coagulates tissue, thus inducing collagen retraction and tissue tightening.
- The laser causes small blood vessels to coagulate immediately—resulting in less bleeding, swelling and bruising than conventional liposuction, for faster healing and recovery.
- Smartlipo can supplement or augment traditional methods of cellulite treatment.
- Given the cannula's small size and gentleness of the procedure, Smartlipo laser-assisted lipolysis is a minimally invasive treatment that only requires local anesthesia—enhancing safety and reducing the likelihood of side effects.
- A confluent red diode laser provides a powerful visual guide during treatment.
- Typically only one short treatment session is needed.